Want.Love.Need

Another week, another wish list! I have been working my socks off this week with the Christmas Gift Guide, and I am getting into the spirit much earlier than I would usually. I have to say, I tend to fight the early count-down to the festive season. When I was freelancing for Selfridge's, I had to walk through the Christmas department from early August...AUGUST?!! I just don't get it. Traditionally, we have always put up the tree and decorated the house on Christmas Eve, so battling through baubles before I had even chosen the location of my summer holiday was somewhat disorientating.

This year however, with Christmas cakes, advent calendars, and gift ideas coming out of our ears at the office, as well as a Christmas shoot I did in mid October, I have been feeling much more excited about the run-up to Christmas. Which I suppose will explain all the Christmas party items I will be including over the next few weeks. Enjoy!

1. Let us start off with this sparkly little number. Those who know me will of course be familiar with the fact that I am a huge fan of sequins and embellishment. However, the thought of looking too "polished" fills me with dread. A simple t-shirt style shift dress shape is such a great way to wear all-over sparkle without looking like you are off to your prom. I would seriously consider wearing this to the office, adding a loose-fitting bomber for instant cool. Switch to high heels and a stand-out clutch, and you will be ready for the dance floor. Win-win.







Flocked sequin bodycon dress, £68, Topshop
2. It's another LBD, but this time it's another of my favourites: faux leather. Zara's faux leather pieces this AW14 have been outstanding. I have the pleated midi skirt, lust after the faux leather joggers (but am too scared to wear them as I dread they will have a similar effect to wearing a cling-film wrap), own the shorts, and rather fancy this figure-flattering dress. Wear with brogues for day, or strappy heels/pointed courts for drinks.

Faux leather dress, £45.99, Zara
3. Here comes the Christmas party top! I am so into green at the moment, and am forever on the lookout for going out tops that aren't lace, indecent, or strappy. So here we go with my latest iridescent lust-after. If you don't want to buy "that" Topshop green crop (yes, we all want to, but then we will all be wearing the same thing), then have a go with this one.

Asos metallic tee, £35, ASOS
4. Green and sequins!! I purchased this extremely reasonable little beauty yesterday. I should definitely provide a warning with this dress though. Do not bend, reach up, sit down, or dance energetically..unless your aim is to purposefully expose yourself. I justified this because I could actually wear this as a top it is so short. Be warned.

Sequined dress, £9.99, H&M
5. This is just so perfect for work dressing. High neck, comfortable, and undeniably cool. Wear with trainers, brogues, or boots.


6. It is all about red again this year, the magazines can't get enough of it. This is another of my options for the Sandhurst ball. Long, elegant, and suitable for my rather flat chest, I am hoping this will look as good on me as it does on the model. Well I can dream can't I?!

Dress, £105, Jarlo
7. Now for one of my beauty finds this week. This is an Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream rival, and I have not stopped using it! The tube is a great size, and the heavenly-smelling cream has been great for the arrival of my familiar winter skin issues. Use it to tame eyebrows, as a lip balm, for dry skin on hands, around nose, and for any other dry skin issues that you may be suffering from.

Angel healing cream, £19.99, Tibby Olivier
8. I almost forgot this, would you believe?! Faux fur clutches, if you haven't got one, get one. Whistles, New Look, ASOS, Stradivarius, you can get them just about anywhere. Me being me, I have gone for the brightest one I could find!

Faux fur clutch, £19.99, Zara
That's all folks! Now for a nice walk with the dogs in the countryside before I enter the smog of London yet again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!