Aztec Disco

"Darling, this is such an instagram moment, you look like you're about to go clubbing!" Just one of the many comments, all of which I took as compliments, that I received when I wore this get-up at work last week. I felt pretty damn snazzy (a word that has unfortunately worked it's way into my vocabulary recently-why did I use it to describe those Alexander McQueen shoes...WHY?!) in my beautiful sequined skirt and Aztekkers t-shirt.

Ok, so my derriere was quite sore from the constant reminder that sequins are not for sitting on, but I love love wearing evening wear in the day, and think that combining a stand-out skirt with a cool t-shirt, or a silk cami with jeans, is a really great balance of sophisticated cool.

I was so excited when my t-shirt arrived in the post the other day from my friend's brother Sam and his girlfriend Lucy, complete with sweeties and stickers in the parcel (they know the way to my heart!). They started a business after Uni as a pastime, making Lucy's amazing designs into t-shirts and jumpers, and are doing really well! The owl is my absolute fave, and I will be getting a tie-dye version at some point, as well as the sweatshirt when I finally resign myself to Autumn. It's just really great knowing that you are wearing somebody's doodle, and that the whole world won't be wearing the same!

So, I hate to make everyone jealous, but I am currently writing this from a little cafe in rural France, listening to a local band, and preparing to spend an arduous day reading and dozing by the pool...Hopefully my next photos will be of a tanned goddess...although I am not sure where I will find one of those.

T-shirt from aztekkers.com,belt from Primark, skirt from H&M, shoes from Topshop.





The top bracelet is from Spain, the gold one is from South Africa, and the zip bag is from work and had a Lookbook in it!

This skirt was from the H&M sale and only cost me £10!!

These new beauties are from Topshop and they were the only size 9s in the Oxford Street store. Grr big feet!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!