Want.Love.Need- Platforms

I started off this post thinking that I was going to take you through the high street alternatives to all the designer footwear trends this season. However, I have spent the last half hour looking at platforms alone, and I can't not include them all. So, this will be the first in a series of footwear trends, with both designer and high street options

Without further ado, prepare to increase your height by a foot (excuse the pun), remove all floor-related obstacles, and put A&E on speed dial. It's about to get high in here.


PLATFORMS

Saint Laurent, Tom Ford, Charlotte Olympia, Victoria Beckham, they were all at it. Complimenting the heavy 70s lean this season (and next), the platform comes in many textures and colours. Just make sure it's high.

Platforms, £120, Ashish X Topshop
 I just needed to kick things off with these. A designer/highstreet collaboration win.



1. Classic black.

£420, Sophia Webster

£55, River Island
Tip: Get creative and glue on your own gems. You could even glam up the buckle.

2.Snakeskin

£500, Stella McCartney
£56, Topshop
3.Metallic

£795, Saint Laurent
£56, Topshop
4. Frills and thrills

£1,125, Charlotte Olympia

£39.99, Zara
Tip: Although I love the way these Zara pumps get more exciting as you look closer, if it's sparkle you're after, get gluing!

5.White wash
£545,Saint Laurent
£55, River Island
6.A dash of pink

£995, Victoria Beckham
£24.99, New Look
7.Wood

£155, Michael Kors
£49.99, Zara
8.Black patent

£565, Saint Laurent
£58, Topshop
9.And now for something completely different...

£295, Sophia Webster
I would literally go bananas for these.

Tip: If you're feeling creative, grab some fabric paints and have a go at recreating the above pattern on some cheaper platforms (try New Look).

10. Oh, and before you go...

I thought I would share my favourite high street casual platforms. No designer shoe compares in my opinion.

Leather platforms, £79.99, Zara


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!