My LFW

I am still wiped. I literally had to drag  myself  kicking and screaming out of the relaxation phase in Yoga this morning...it was not pretty.

This was my first proper London Fashion Week, and I can tell you, I don't know how people do all four. Just the thought of flying to Milan on Tuesday made me sleep. Although, you know, if somebody asked me, I would be on that plane before you could say "Dolce". 

I have walked a million miles, snapped a million pics, seen a million outfits, coveted a million pieces, and been interviewed on camera..well..once. I even tried proper heels one day, but made it no further than the train station, where I limped back to the car to put on my slip-ons. I'm not that fashion.

So, what have I learnt this week? Well, firstly, for the love of fashion, learn how to sit on the FROW before you actually do it. The side swivel is not so easy to master when you are concentrating on the catwalk as you might think. Also, for crying out loud, when you are sat next to somebody like Pandora Sykes, do not gormlessly stare into the camera that is taking her picture. As well as this, be aware that people are taking pictures all the time, so try, if you can, to perfect some sort of interested pouty gaze, instead of cramming as much free popcorn into your mouth as possible, while balancing your champagne flute on your knee.

So that's the FROW sorted. Now, for the reaction one makes when being "papped". Remain. Calm. Do not proceed to do what I can only describe as a terrified shuffle, as if you were a trapped wildebeest about to be devoured by a flashy alligator. Also, try not to get offended when a photographer says you look better when you look down (oh yes, really).

I would give you all a list of my fashion week essentials, but to be honest, I am not entirely sure that everything I fit into my monster of a bag was absolutely essential. I know that a bottle of water, my carmex, tissues, gloves, tablet, phones, medications of differing varieties, pens of varying colours, a notebook, business cards, diary, Oyster card, a variety of lipsticks and glosses, make-up, an umbrella, and show tickets might not seem like a lot..but it did not fit into a clutch or one of my more sophisticated mini bags (surprisingly). So, I would definitely try to cut the list down if you aren't using fashion week as a bicep building exercise.

One last lesson before I go. When asked to do an interview on camera after a show, do not clutch the microphone as if your very life depended on it...with both hands. To be honest, I blacked out during the interview, so I only know how I looked from my extremely kind photographer friend, who spent the entire interview taking pictures of me and pissing her pants laughing.

So there you go. That was my LFW. It was bloody brilliant. Oh, and the clothes were quite nice too.
Here are some of my highlights....

Jean-Pierre Braganza

Alexa Chung and Pixie Geldof at Shrimps



Shrimps
Impressive surroundings at Paul Costelloe

Crazy times at the Central Saint Martins show
Beautiful models at Markus Lupfer

Pixie Lott and Amber Le Bon at Markus Lupfer
Colourful tartan and strong colours at Aspinal
A quick stop in at the new All Saints AW15 collection predicts great things in the way of coats.
A quick selfie in between shows while browsing in Zara

One of my favourite street style looks. Courtesy of the lovely Anna Partington.

Fun collection from Dora Abodi. LOVED the hair and beauty.

Dream backpack.
Silver, leopard print, orange, and camo at Alexander McQueen

Great reception at Tata Naka.

A quick tipple at Tata Naka
Another street style win.
Red boots and sequins (quel suprise!) at Ashish




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!