Capering about

 I am really not a fan of this time of year; the skies are grey, the wind is bitter, and the rain is...well, wet. This of course wouldn't be a problem if my body didn't react so badly to these changes: my skin gets dry, my hair goes frizzy, my hands get raw and tingly, and my wardrobe gets confused. Have I adapted to the changes that have been occurring for the last 24 years of my life? Have I ever! Unless of course, you count my fairly recent love of a good transitional cape.

This year, I inherited two of these amazing pieces of outerwear engineering. I mean, what's not to love? They are essentially the stylish version of wrapping up in your comfy blanket. They can also be worn to show off the outfit underneath, and are definitely an advantage on a sweaty, overcrowded tube, where you can push back the cape and keep yourself cool. Oh, and they swish when you walk around corners. Enough said.

So here I am, looking sophisticated (hopefully) in my Spanish cape and new pencil skirt!

P.s. Sorry about the lack of close-ups, the light was fading fast!

Cape from Spain, pencil skirt from ASOS, and shoes from New Look.


The clutch is vintage, and the crop top is from Primark. 

Long sleeved crop tops are brilliant for wearing with anything high waisted, as they don't leave any ridges or crumples when tucked in.


This necklace was my Grandma's, who, like my Mum, had a huge love affair with amber.












0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!