Vintage Fur

As the worst storm in over 25 years hits the country (errr?), there is only one thing that can keep me this snug and cosy in the face of the elements: fur. This is an extremely controversial point, and I have always been opposed to new fur for fashion. This fur coat however, is an extremely special one; it was my Grandma's engagement ring. It is chocolate brown, warm, and all-engulfing, and as soon as I slip it over my shoulders, I.Feel.Fabulous.

I will not be wearing this all the time, I have my faux fur beauties for that. In fact, you really have to go for it if you are going to wear this: no popping it over your jeans. I have worn it over a vintage slip, which is rather see-through (cheeky!), so I have saved my modesty, and my reputation, and worn a long sleeved white top underneath. Add some vintage-style jewellery and you are good to go!

Vintage slip worn over top from Primark, and the coat was my Grandma's.



The belt I am wearing is from a bridesmaid outfit of my Mum's. I have no idea where the outfit is, but I claimed the belt years ago!



These necklaces were my Great Nan's. She is 101 years old and still going strong!


The silver bracelets were my Grandma's, she was never without a silver cuff. The rings are both from H&M.




I look like I am on the phone in these pictures, but it was just to stop the wind making me look like a scarecrow! The handbag is a vintage one of my Grandma's.









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!