Dungarees

DUNGAREES!!!Perhaps not for everyone, but I am absolutely positive that everybody at some point in their life, for however short a period, has loved them, or at least owned a pair, in which case their Mum loved them. I have almost bought dungarees in one form or another every year for the past 10 years, but never quite plucked up the courage, or didn't feel I could quite pull them off. Then I clocked these bad boys and my world got brighter!

Technically this is a playsuit, but the dungaree-style straps and buttons, and the relaxed fit mean they are the perfect dungaree imposter, indistinguishable from the classic dungaree save for the amazing splashy bright colours, and floaty fabric. I am not only brightening my day by wearing them, I am brightening everybody's day!

One of my most quirky and fabulous bezzies recently said that she couldn't wear dungarees because they didn't suit her, even though she loves them. If you are thinking the same thing when you read this, think AGAIN.There are so many different ways to wear dungarees, and so many different styles. Plus they are so easy to wear, and allow room for that one last brownie, or ok just one more scoop of ice cream! I even got away with wearing them at work the other day, just adding my velvet Chelsea boots, and leaving my hair wavy. Sadly, I don't have any photos of that because I got back too late from drinks with the other interns, so here are the ones of a hungover me about to embark on a BBQ after deciding it was a good plan to spend the night before drinking cava and sambuca (?), and dancing like a mentalist in Camden.


Playsuit from ASOS

The owl is from Oxfam, and the necklace was a present from accessorize when I was about 15.

At least the colour in the playsuit detracts from the lack of it in my face!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!