Ssshhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am being very secretive today. Well not really, but I'm trying to be. We are off to a secret event in an undisclosed location tomorrow eve, and I have spent the last two days worrying about putting together a 1920s outfit.

I don't know about anyone else, but I always think, in theory, that I am going to love finding a costume. Floating around in a "I'm doing something exciting, and you're probably not" daze, browsing through vintage stores, putting outfits together from scratch. Maybe even doing a cheeky bit of sewing!

The reality, however, is rather different. Cue sweaty, red-faced Alice, running desperately around Liberty with her pissed off boyfriend in tow, startled eyes darting from wall-to-sodding-wall, clasping onto the hope that the exact ingredients for a headdress will materialise in front of her very eyes. The night before. Oh dear.

So, as we stand at the moment, I am on the train back from my Liberty supermarket sweep (even the thought of that is expensive), with a million-and-one things to do aside from making a costume, and I shall have to do just that. On the other hand, my boyfriend is sat here next to me, casually checking the rugby on his phone, in the very same suit he could wear to any fancy-dress occasion. Safe in the knowledge that after work tomorrow he can pop his new trilby on, and wander on up to the event. Men. They have it so easy.

Just to show you how flustered I am, here is an outfit that is completely different to what this post has been about!












Top from Primark

The skirt is a vintage petticoat.
I absolutely love the detailing on it, and it is absolutely perfect for this season's silhouette.

The shoes are from Shellys.
I got them so so long ago. 60s pointed pumps are fantastic this coming season, and go really well with midi skirts when you just can't be bothered to wear heels. 

The bag was my Grandma's.

The sunglasses are from Mango.

The pearl ring was made for me, and I made the other two.

The bracelet was a present from Grandma.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!