1920s Glamour

Last night was so amazing. I wish wish I could talk about it, but it's all very hush hush! My costume came together in the end, thanks to my £5 bargain dress from H&M. I bought it for a Murder Mystery birthday I had in my second year at Uni, and I have worn it to any 1920s shindig ever since (of which there have been a surprisingly large amount). I had long strings of pearls to play with, multiple necklaces, a head band that I tied a silk scarf of my Grandma's to, and of course, my cuddly faux fur. Smokey eyes and a dash of rouge and I was ready to go (in an hour).

I didn't want to come back into the 21st century at the end of the night. Although, when our mobiles were taken from us, we all commented on how we felt like our arm was missing. Something to work on I think! It was just so glamorous. People made more of an effort to dress up then. I don't even know if "casual" existed.

Anyway, it is killing me not to wax lyrical about how fantastic it was, so I will just move onto the pictures. Unfortunately, me being me, I left rather hastily and didn't get many photos done properly, and then no photos were allowed inside. So it's good old fashioned phone photos, complete with short legs because of the angle! Enjoy.





A really easy trick for doing a quick up-do for this period if you have long hair (and no time): Put an elastic head-band on like I have done here. For this turban-influenced headband, tie a loose knot in the middle of a silk scarf and wrap around your head. Then, tuck your hair up, over and under the band all the way around (see picture below). Then use as many pins as required to keep it secure (do the head wiggle test).

I used the Smashbox palette in Full Exposure to create this smokey eye.




I cannot apologise enough for this mirror picture. However, I really wanted to show you the dress. I added a bundle of brooches on the strap to make it look more glamorous.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!