Pearly whites

 Is it sad that my favourite moment from the bank holiday weekend involved a purchase that cost me £12.99? It probably is, considering that I have been able to spend more time with my boyfriend in the last two days than I have in the last 5 weeks (city working culture, you've got to love it); I have been bowling and drinking with a great group of, well, awful bowlers; I have been to the amazing Hever castle; and I have sneakily listened to the most fantastic Bublé tribute act. Yes, actually that is rather sad. Almost as sad as being around jam jar cocktails and being off sugar, something else I have done this weekend.

The purchase I speak of is a completely perfect bracelet from Zara. I almost wept with joy when I realised that I could own a bracelet that has obviously taken direct inspiration from Chanel SS14. I love Chanel jewellery as it is, but the huge pearl bracelets that Mr Lagerfeld whipped out this year blew my tiny little mind. I'm really struggling to make myself sound less sad aren't I?

Pearly white being the theme of today's outfit, I have gone with the white shirt du jour, white ankle boots, and a pearl brooch that was my Nanny's favourite when she was working. I tried to find some ripped boyfriend jeans that didn't make me look like a lost child, but it just doesn't work. Jeans are the bane of my life. Big hips, skinny legs, what a dream. Anyway, these Zara skinnies will do. In fact, I rather love them. So there we go, pure pearly white on a lovely sunny Sunday.
 













My shirt is "vintage" New Look

Jeans from Zara

Boots from ASOS
White boots are a great transitional piece for this season. If you don't love sandals, which I don't, these are great for looking summery!

The pearl brooch was my Nanny's favourite work brooch.
Brooches are a lovely way of making your white shirt look a bit different. Try one instead of a statement necklace.

Pearl bracelet from Zara.

Red jewel ring from ASOS, and the other one is from H&M.

The bag was from a great leather shop in Marbella.
My Mum and Dad bought it for me years ago, and I looked at it as if they were insane! Fringing?! But as you can see, I fell in love with it, and it has had a lot of use! Check out ASOS for some amazing suede fringed bags.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!