Big Girl's Blouse

Before every new season starts, I have an idea of what I want to look like and how I want to dress. I have done it for as long as I can remember, and even more so since I started reading Vogue about 11 years ago. At school it was always about going back in September and making a change. Simple things like a fringe, or putting a big red rose in my ponytail (Mrs Peate soon put a stop to that!), or hoicking my skirt up higher. I suppose before that it had been a new pencil case and stationary, aaaahhh my Groovy Chick lunchbox! Now however, it is all about the clothes and beauty trends that catch my eye.

It never works though. I do my mood boards, read endless magazines, and literally get heart palpitations at how a new dress (tartan, lace, foil, midi, maxi, sequin, skater..the list goes on!) could change my life (...forever..), but I always forget the teeny tiny obstacles to get over on my quest for stylishness: those being my complete lack of money, oh and my equally small amount of wardrobe space.

The wardrobe space will be something that I will eventually get over when I am forced to go on The Hoarder Next Door as a mad (sorry eccentric) old lady, when my husband gets crushed by my mound of couture. As for the lack of money, my Grandma has helped me with that, here I am wearing yet another of her blouses! Who needs ASOS? Ok me, I do.

My coat was £8 from a Charity shop(I know!).


The blouse was my Grandma's, as was the handbag. The skirt is from H&M, and the boots are a recent purchase from Charlie's in Shropshire.
 
The necklaces were a present from my Grandma.

The rings are from H&M, and the bracelet was a present. Wearing big bracelets over your cuffs makes a blouse look really individual!

Another present!
 


I am so chuffed with these! They are jodhpur boots from a big store in Shrewsbury. They were £32, well made, and real leather. If you are looking for a Chelsea type boot that won't break the bank, check out your local country store!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!