Peg Leg

Well everybody, how are we all enjoying the weather? Personally, I feel a lot more human when it is like this, it reminds me of when I lived in Spain. I always say the best feeling in the world for me is the warmth of the sun on my tummy. Unfortunately, as the glare from my mid region shows, my poor little (getting bigger from Mum's cooking) belly hasn't had much in the way of Vit D recently.

Anyway, let's talk Summer trousers shall we?  What will you be championing this season? Will you be sticking to your ripped boyfriend jeans, swooshing around in culottes, drawing attention in statement print, chilling out in your comfiest of wide legs, or just keeping cool in shorts?

I used to be in the latter category, as I have always found it difficult to buy trousers. My hips don't really belong to my legs. That is to say, I have "Chicken Legs" (hello nickname) but disproportionately roomy hips. Hence why I find it hard to get trousers that fit properly: if they fit my hips, they will be baggy on my legs; if they fit my legs, well, let's just say that's probably as far as they will get. It really is a joy.

Enter my new Knight in Shining Armour: the peg leg trouser. When I was younger, I would have run a mile if you had waved these in front of me, but when I saw them on ASOS the other day I knew I had to have them. They fit snugly on my hips, and...they are supposed to be baggy on my legs! Get in! The colour is also bang on for this summer, and they are so comfortable. Wear with a crop as shown, or try with a shirt: tucked or un-tucked. The great thing is that they will always look smart, so are a great work-to-play piece.

Now all I need is that silver pair from Joseph...












Trousers from ASOS

T-shirt from Aztekkers

Clutch by Monki at ASOS
I have had my eye on this for a while, and gave in the other day. My love of metallics is being embraced this season!

Jacket from Zara
This is the boyf's favourite jacket of mine. I don't wear it often, but it fits like a glove.

Shoes from New Look

I made the flower garland myself
Watch this space if you are keen on getting your hands on one.

The bracelet was from my lovely God mother and the bangles are really old!

The pearl ring was made for me for my 21st.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!