To the Max(i)

I am currently sat at my dining room table, absolutely surrounded by artificial flowers.

I don't think that anyone who reads this blog on a regular basis would believe me if I said I was an advocate for clutter-free, and I know jolly well that those who know me would laugh in my face if I uttered those words. 'Less is more', 'minimalism is key', 'a clean house is a happy house', 'everything in moderation' (she says as she daintily licks the peanut butter off the table-spoon), "no carbs before marbs" (my finger is now in the peanut butter jar) : not really phrases that I would be heard using. The misuse of 'waste not, want not' however, as well as my frequently used "please sir, can I have some more?" are unfortunately the phrases I seem to live by.

Some may despair, some may moan when they have to carry another box of Vogues every time we move (sorry Dad, sorry brother), but my little heart jumps with glee when I find yet another item in my wardrobe that I had forgotten about. Cue today's outfit.

This silk dress was bought yonks ago, when I still had pocket money (sigh..). I was doing my daily sweep of Zara in Valencia, when out of the mists floated this beauty of a maxi. It called out to me across the crowded room, and I answered, "yoohoo!". Unfortunately, it has always been too big, and in spite of what that wise gypsy woman once told me, my boobs have not yet blossomed beyond the realm of mosquito bite. But! I have not given up hope. One day I will alter it, and wear it without exposing myself.

So, how's about we all grab our slightly too big for us maxis, and wear them with a baggy crop? I am rather pleased with my new sale win from H&M. Orange: you have got to love it.















Maxi dress from Zara

Orange Crop from H&M
It's the sale! Go go go!

Sunglasses from Mango

Bracelet from Zara
I need the necklace too!

Selection of necklaces from goodness knows where
I am not a huge fan of beads, although I own a ridiculous amount, but today I made an exception.

The clutch was an Estee Lauder make up holder from my Nanny.



 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!