Pet thing

This bank holiday weekend was a mixture of emotions for me, as my worn-out boyfriend will testify to! I think the six hour drive to Exeter on my own, with no phone battery and no radio, in crawling traffic, in a car that I wasn't familiar with, was probably the low point! But seeing as my boyfriend and best Northern pal were waiting for me at the other end with sympathetic words..and pizza..I soon perked up.

Anyway, I woke up on Sunday in the mood for some serious retail therapy. You know the dangerous kind when it is absolutely necessary that you buy something pretty or you will be a miserable mare for the forseeable future? Perhaps you don't. I am beginning to think that I have a problem...So after battling with myself in Topshop, and a disappointing trip to the New Look shoe department, I found solace in the comforting, inexpensive embrace of H&M. I reasoned with myself over buying yet another LBD (or two), and I decided that the boyf wouldn't appreciate me buying a knitted vest that said BOYS in capitals on the front, so I chose this cute little short-sleeved sweater. It is great for loosely wearing over a midi-skirt, but I chose to tick the ladylike tweed trend and opted to wear it belted over my tweed pencil dress. Therapy over. Happy Alice.

Top from H&M, Belt vintage, Dress from H&M, Shoes from Faith





The heart is the back of a ring from Primark, and the birds are from H&M.

Looking at my aching feet after a long day!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!