Crouching Alice, Hidden Heron

As soon as I get back to the city after I have been in the country for a few days, things get busy, and not a little confusing. People instead of sheep, and trains instead of tractors (not that I travel on tractors..bad example). Saying that, the weekend was another jolly one, with trips up towers, rugby watching, and celebrating a friend's adventures to South America.

On Friday evening we took a trip up to the 40th floor of Heron Tower in the City. At first we couldn't find it, and then when we did, my stomach wished we hadn't! The views are stunning, don't get me wrong, and the man freaking out at heights in the lift was absolutely not a problem for me. I mean, it's not like I'm scared of heights, it's just that my central nervous system (emphasis on the nervous) may be...just a tad. Anyway, it was a lovely evening, but I think the rides up and down in the lift did something to the pressure in my ears, and I did a nice little display of half crouching, half falling on the train's floor in a little fainting fit, at the same time as attractively sweating, and potentially showing my knickers to the lovely people of the carriage.

So, if you are planning a night of strange happenings and tower climbing, why not try a white shirt and statement skirt combo?

The coat was a charity shop find.




The blouse was my Mum's, skirt from H&M, clutch from New Look, boots from ASOS.

The necklace was my Grandma's. Wearing a statement necklace over a buttoned up shirt is a really good idea for this season.

The knot ring is from H&M, the leopard print ring is Primark, and the bracelet is from South Africa.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!