White Dress

I have just watched the last ever Poirot, and I have to say, as I am writing this the little Belgian babe's voice is in my head. Which is quite weird because I really can't imagine he has ever written a fashion blog (yesss I know he's not real). Anyway, I am absolutely not emotional about the fin of my leetle moustached ami. Not a tear shed. Completely over it. I don't even know why you keep bringing it up.

So, today I experimented with whether I can stand not having something covering my chilly pins in this weather. Turns out a pair of socks doesn't quite do the job of keeping my "chicken legs" goose pimple-free. But I have to say, I feel like my opinion about socks worn with heels/platforms has changed (I am sure most of you reading this won't agree!).

I am also adamant that you can still wear you summer dresses in the winter. In fact, a chunky knit and a little dress is one of my favourite looks. It is laid back, pretty, and you can have one more glass of mulled wine and not worry about trying to keep your tummy tucked in! Maybe add tights though, as my goodness did my knees turn blue!

The scarf was a present from my brother, the jumper was my Dad's (Mum tried to get him into pink..it didn't work), clutch from Primark.




Looking a bit nippy in my dress from Zara (a present from my boyfriend to wear to a Vogue lunch), and my Topshop platforms.

 
This is a no bra dress, which explains why the cold has caused the bust area of the dress to look a bit..unfulfilled!

The fabric is so lovely, and adds real structure.

Bracelets from ASOS.


I never thought I would be wearing socks and sandals..but here I am in my glitzy socks from Primark.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!