Victoria and Albert

I was going to write this yesterday, but I was so shattered from such a fun-filled weekend, that I could only just about manage to move my eyes enough to watch Poirot! Not only did we get to spend the day with our best Northern bud on Friday, but my little bro (all 6 foot of him) came to London for the weekend to watch the rugby at Twickenham! All very bon.

I have decided to show you all some photos of our trip to the V&A: one of my most favourite places (absolutely nothing to do with the carrot cake in the cafe...). In all honesty, we went solely for the purpose of tea and cake in the cafe, which really is the most amazing place I have ever had tea, with it's glowing orbs of fairy lights, and opulant architecture. However, we ended up spending about three hours wandering through the numerous rooms full of treasures. Oh, and then we found the costume rack. I obviously chose to try on the red velvet outfit of Juliet, which my boyfriend nicely complemented with...a dress and a pair of bloomers that he thought were a headdress. I wonder sometimes.

Anyway, I will stop babbling on and put these photos up. Then I will get back to the very important task of choosing what type of coat I want to buy this winter!

The lights in the cafe.





The entrance hall.
The John Madejski Garden had been transformed into an "ethereal utopia inspired by the classic Chinese fable Tao Hua Yuan (Peach Blossom Spring)". Ceramic houses, fish, birds, pigs, and this little cat were placed on rocks and in crevices.



I really..really want one of these chairs.

Time of my life.
This is the 28.280 custom-made chandelier by Canada-based designer Omer Arbel. It is 30 metres long, and spans the height of the museum!



An X-ray of a silver something.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!