Shearling-a-ling

Er, what is going on? Isn't it supposed to brighten up after December? I know, I know, we are in England. It rains. A lot. I have to stop myself from imagining the days gone by when at this time of year we would be walking through the Spanish mountains, with a light layer to keep the breeze out. Raspberries. At least the houses are more equipped here!

Today I am wearing my new (to me) shearling coat, and it is rather marvellous. Yes, it might have a slight 'eau de must' about it, but for five pounds what are you going to do? If ewe (sorry) do have a penchant for these fluffy jackets, don't be sheepish (oh dear) and get yourself one to ease yourself into Spring. The brighter the better! There are all kinds of amazing colours on sale at the moment.

I am getting increasingly fidgety as January is coming to an end, and I want to crack out my Spring/Summer wardrobe already. There are so many things that I want! No change there then. Anyway, I will try and keep the pneumonia at bay for now and be sensible..well not completely. That would be boring.

Sorry for the blurry pictures! It was raining sheep and..nevermind...







Looking happy in the rain!

Shearling coat from East End Vintage
It was so exciting at this place! Completely hidden away, but so many treasures to offer!

Dress from H&M
I don't usually like to wear t-shirts or shirts under dresses, but I really like the contrast of the leopard print and solid black.

The blouse was my Grandma's

Cut-out Albert heels from ASOS

Clutch from New Look

The brooch is my Mum's.
If you don't want to wear a necklace, or your collar doesn't quite accommodate one, try putting a statement brooch at your collar. You can get some really pretty ones for next to nothing at charity and vintage shops.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!