Hello Stranger!

Hello again, and Happy New Year!!! I would like to start by apologising for my long absence. My lovely loyalists have been asking me when Betty's mannequin would be making an appearance, and so here I am!

2013 was a strange year, and I am looking forward to 2014 being a year of new and exciting adventures, fun friendships, and pretty things to spark my magpie tendencies. So let us begin...

Working in Hanover Square again this month has unfortunately produced an even more powerful urge to shop than ASOS. Everything is right there. At first, I justified spending my lunch hour happily skipping around H&M, because I had very kindly received vouchers from my boyf's Ma and Pa, and I absolutely 100% need a new white blouse. Two black skirts later, and my 5th botch sewing job on my faithful Zara white blouse has demonstrated to me that I am perhaps not the most focused  shopper.

Then, I justified it because it was absolutely essential for me to help my best bud shop for wedding outfits. Two pencil skirts later (for her, not me), and my head-over-heels moment over a huge bright pink ring, and a necklace made for the modern day Titania, then demonstrated to me that neither of us were perhaps the most studious shoppers.

So, how to solve my problem? Ah, let's not kid ourselves! I work in the fashion industry, and therefore, it is perfectly justifiable for me to keep ahead of the game. And if that means trudging around clothes shop after clothes shop, so be it. It is the cross I must bear...













 Mesh skirt from H&M.
This is such an amazing skirt to walk down the stairs in! It glides ever so elegantly behind you. The sports luxe and sheer trends are bang on for Spring/Summer.

Leather jacket from Massimo Dutti.

Faux fur collar from ASOS.

White top from Primark.
I don't see the point in spending tons of money on basic t-shirts, unless they really suit you of course!

Shoes from New Look
I LOVE regal slipper flats. I find that they are more interesting that ballet pumps.

Vintage Clutch.

The silver necklace was Grandma's.

The silver ring was my Grandma's, and the pearl ring was made for me for my 21st.

 Gelly Hi-Shine nail varnish in Blue Grape from Barry M.

AVON lipstick in Lava Love.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!