Vintage Revival

My boyfriend and I went on a day trip to Totnes today, and I would highly recommend it even on a rainy day! We were actually meant to be going to Dartington but got wholly consumed by all the lovely little shops and cafés that practically make up the town. One vintage shop in particular, Revival, seduced me with it's Harry Potter style exterior and jam packed windows. I found myself thinking that this is what heaven would look like and wandered around misty eyed singing Julie Andrews songs (in my head). That is until I completely freaked myself out by trying on what I can only guess was a Polar bear's hide. It looked good, like really good, BUT I have proved to myself that faux is most definitely the way to go for me (with the potential exception of Grandma's engagement fur).

I was particularly taken with a beautiful powder blue chiffon pleated full-length dress that swished in all the right places, and remained glued to it until I realised that a rich old fairy godmother was not going to appear and say "My god darrrrling, you absolutely MUST have it, it would look divine on you!" Sadly, my purse strings are as tight as some of the corsets on display and I had to leave this one to destiny, but I will definitely be revisiting this treasure trove again, armed with a carthorse.

Photo courtesy of www.coolplaces.co.uk


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!