Floral Forecast

Ever since I moved back to England from Spain 4 years ago, I haven't quite been able to get the whole judging-the-weather-and-dressing-accordingly thing right. I have just learnt to carry a mini umbrella with me everywhere and also that I will never look chic and be as warm as I want to be/ I will never be as warm as I want to be full stop. Anyway, when it's warm like this, the thought of putting trousers on makes me die a little, and tights...well... But the problem you see, is the wind and the rain. My compromise is to wear bare legs with substantial shoes (god I sound like my father), and fortunately for me I have my lovely new velvet Chelsea boots!

It really isn't cold enough to pry me away from my vintage tea dresses yet, but the sandals just don't do it for me in this rainy weather. There is nothing worse than grubby Glastonbury-like toes in strappy mid heels, or slippy-when-wet feet sliding around as you try to elegantly stroll down the street. So crack out the sensible shoes ladies! Well...maybe velvet isn't all that sensible in the rain...

Floral dress and belt from Primark, Chelsea boots from ASOS.

Moody florals will carry you through Summer and beyond this year. I just wish I could afford Erdem instead of Primark!!



The flower ring is from Primark, the round ring is from H&M, and the pendant is an antique piece that my lovely brother bought me a few years ago in Bridgnorth.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!