Getting my Kimojo!


Well, I am in London ready to start my career in fashion tomorrow!! I have unpacked all of my things and essentially made my understanding boyfriend's room into a dressing room! I went to an engagement party yesterday and drank more champagne than I probably should have done because I had one of those crazy glasses that keep refilling themselves, so I am not feeling on my best form today, hence why I am not doing my kimono tutorial in this post (soon, I promise)!

Kimonos are amazing and such a great alternative to a jacket when it isn’t quite cold enough, but the nice ones can be rather expensive (the one I fell in love with was £58 from Topshop) and I am not exactly rolling in it at the moment so I decided to make one myself!  I skipped down to Watson and Thornton in Shrewsbury, which was my old haunt when I was doing my Art GCSEs, and began my search. I picked out some lovely floral sheer material (moody floral for the autumn!)and paid £6 in the sale for 2 metres, which turned out to be more than 2 metres because the sales lady was a babe! So here it is over a little summer dress.


I have belted the kimono with this outfit, but it is also nice without, plus you can swoosh around in it more!

The light was so annoying to take photos in today, my hair kept blending into the white sky!


Black dress from H&M, shoes from Faith.

My clutch is vintage, and the belt is from Primark.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!