My humps!

Ah.. the elusive camel coat, everywhere all at once, and then nowhere save on the little old lady walking down the street, or the man with the trilby and cigarette standing by the lamppost on the corner, "See?" (in an outrageous 1920s American gangster accent). I have always avoided this pale coat, worrying that it might wash me out or look rather boring, but the other day changed everything and I now own two rather lovely ones!

My Grandma (you guessed it!) owned so many coats, and I think half of them were of the humped desert-dweller variety. The one I am wearing today is so so so so amazingly perfect for the Autumn that I got serious style-related heart palpitations when I first put it on. The oversized coat is a winner this season, but I thought I would avoid doing a Miranda Kerr (in the September Issue of Vogue) style shoot to save my brother the trauma! So, I have worn it over one of my favourite autumn dresses, and added a big velvet bow (BVB if you will)!

Camel coat from my Grandma, Vintage clutch, Shoes from New Look.
This dress is from Primark. When I was a student I was trying to be good and didn't buy it right away, but I kept going into the shop and trying it on. One day, when my Mum had come to visit, I couldn't bear it any longer, I was in love and accepted it, so I forked out!



I honestly have no recollection where this velvet bow is from but I have had it ages and it is so sturdy!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet Tweet!

Have a peek at my Pinterest!